Included with the Address Validation Database is a Sample Integration example. If you
have a basic knowledge of FileMaker Development you can open this file and “dissect” it
to see the type of changes required to your own solutions. Following are the steps we
took to create this sample database.
- Created new database with generic address fields and unique id.
- Opened AddrInfo database and created a new field with the name/type of the field used for the unique ID in Integration database
- Created relationship in Integration database between UserID fields. Checked allow creation of related records.
- Added fields from relationship (response_* fields) to layout
- Created script to perform address validation. First it sets values in the related file to the value of the current record. It then goes to Related Record (show only related is checked) and invokes the external script to perform address validation.
- Added a button to layout and set script to the Address Validation script that was just created
As you can see, it’s very easy to integrate the Address Validation database with your
existing FileMaker solution.