Upgrading from 2.0 Files
To upgrade and maintain your account settings and shipping history, follow these instructions:
Step 1 of 3: PREPARING FOR UPGRADE
- Move 4 UPS files off FM Server to a workstation (if hosted)
- Make a backup of the 4 UPS files
DO NOT REPLACE THE FILES IN THE EXISTING NRGship UPS Pro FOLDER as this will overwrite your preferences and data!
Step 2 of 3: UPGRADING
NOTE: Any modifications to the NRGship files, including layout and user script modifications will NOT be brought over into your upgraded files. You will need make these changes post upgrading!
- Open up the existing NRGship UPS Pro folder
- Locate NRGship UPS Pro Prefs.fmp12 and rename to NRGship UPS Pro Prefs.bak.fmp12
- Locate NRGship UPS Pro Data.fmp12 and rename to NRGship UPS Pro Data.bak.fmp12
- Now it's safe to copy the 4 new files from the desktop folder to the NRGship UPS Pro folder. Mac OS or Windows will ask you if it's OK to replace 2 of the files. Replace.
- Now you can put the desktop folder in the trash
- Open NRGship UPS Pro > Preferences > Defaults > Advanced
- Click the "Import Prefs" button and it will import your original preferences.
- Click the "Import Data" button and it will import your shipping history.
- The update should now be complete.
- If you are uploading the files to a FileMaker Server, you need to set the files to Multi-User.
- You can delete the .bak files you created, but make sure you have your backup.
Step 3 or 3: Update Plugins - Mac and Windows Users