Configuring Shipping Defaults
Once you have completed UPS account setup, you can adjust the default shipping values and label output settings by choosing Defaults within the Preferences layout.
Shipment defaults can help you speed up shipment creation. Default Settings include everything from shipping account, service and package type - to default weights and delivery confirmation.
If you ship with the same box sizes on a regular basis and dimensional weight is a factor in your shipping rates, you'll want to add these defaults to save time as you prepare your shipments.
If you ship the same products internationally on a regular basis you'll want to add the product details to save time as you prepare international shipments.
You can set up email notifications for shipment, delivery and for any exceptions. You must have a sender email as part of the shipping address to allow for recipient notifications.
Where you can edit Address Management, Shipment Rating and Batch Processing.
- Perform Automatic Address Validation - US addresses are validated using UPS Address validation prior to shipping. This feature can be toggled on and off here.
- Add To Address Book - If a address does not exist in the NRG Address Book, the address will be added once the order is shipped.
- Update Rates During Package Entry - Rates are updated automatically during package entry.
- Rate Incomplete Addresses - Rates an address that is incomplete
- Skip Problems During Batch Shipping - If there is an issue with a ship record, it will skip and complete the batch process without halting the process.
- Display Confirmation Before Batch Processes - This displays dialog before running batch processes.
Automation defaults can be configured for imports, integration and setting actions pre and post shipment within the software.
- There are a number of pre-configurated imports to allow you to import shipping data. Simply select the one you would use the most and this will set the default file type when you click on the "Import" icon on the main Shipping Screen and the Shipping List.
- If importing PayPal IPN, this is the email address where PayPal notifications are sent.
Auto Insure if Over
- The declared value of the order will only import if it is greater than this amount.
- This is the default export format when exporting shipment information.
- Is a tool that supports external automation
- Check the options related to your integration or shipping preferences.
- Export data - Check this box and it will export the shipment data to the application NRGship application directory.
- Copy Track Number to Clipboard - Puts the tracking number on your clipboard to easily paste onto order records.
- Create New Record After Shipment - Automatically creates a new ship record once you've shipped.
- Select Text Entry Field After Shipment - The first text field, such as the order import field, will be selected after the order has been shipped.
- Invoke URL handler - Invokes the specified URL (see below)
- Run user script - For FM users, you can call a custom script in the data file.
Order URL List and Order URL Detail
- For NRG Web import, these are the URL's which will return an order list or order detail.
- Integration modifications for PayPal IPN, NRG Web import, AcctVantage, Magento, FoxyCart and Custom FileMaker.
- This default folder is used for AcctVantage integration.
- This is used for enabling the Endicia application to be used with NRG and DaZzle.