Ship Connect files are sold for a one-time fee based on carriers included and single or multi-user requirement. NRG does not manage the Ship Connect as a product with periodic updates or major release upgrades, meaning you will not receive new files from us as you would with our carrier files.
NRG can be hired to update or replace your Ship Connect files.
The following page outlines our support for Ship Connect and for the individual carriers files.
Support for Ship Connect Files
- Provided the same way as outlined below for carrier subscriptions, as long as carrier subscriptions are maintained
Adding New Features to your files
- NRG does add new features to our core set of Ship Connect files on a periodic basis and keeps you informed of availability
- When you want to add one of our new features to your files, NRG provides an estimate and only bills you development time
Customizing your files
- NRG will provide custom development to the Ship Connect file for features that are specific to your needs
- NRG will provide an estimate for the both the development time for the feature and the implementation time to your file
- The data file and interface files can be unlocked with developer accessand you can make customizations on your own if you’d like. Any changes you make will not be carried over during file replacement.
Core Feature Requests
- NRG is open for suggestions on “core” features that we add to our Ship Connect file
- NRG prioritizes core feature requests based on demand - and is solely responsible for determining what becomes a core feature
- NRG can provide you with an estimated time frame of development and availability of core features
Carrier File Updates
- If the Ship Connect integration to carrier files is compromised because of changes in carrier updates, NRG will provide the support to modify Ship Connect scripts to maintain compliance with the new files
Carrier Service Subscription Details
The service subscription includes technical support and software updates for the carrier files.
- Tech Support is available between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm CST and allows for unlimited phone and email questions
- Customers should reference NRG online help and knowledge base prior to contacting NRG support
- NRG responds to support requests made via phone (866-951-3124) or Email within 4 business day hours
- Support covers answering questions pertaining to NRGship software and includes general troubleshooting and resolution of error codes
- Training of new business users, software installation or updating, custom feature requests, support responses that require attention outside of standard support hours are not included and are billed separately at $150 per hour (charged in quarter hour increments)
- NRG will maintain compliance with Carrier requirements to ensure customer shipping services through the software
- NRG provides file updates 2 or 3 times per year to maintain the carrier compliance and to introduce new features
- NRG notifies customers via email about software updates and provides download links to latest files
- Details for each update will be outlined, including any changes that may impact your FileMaker integration
- Customers are responsible for updating their own files. NRG provides instructions in the online help
- NRG can update your files for your at the rate of $150 per hour (charged in quarter hour increments)