Lightspeed OnSite Integration
Integration with Lightspeed OnSite can be setup with NRGship Pro for UPS. To set this up, follow the steps below:
LIGHTSPEED ONSITE SETUP
In order to exchange shipping data you will need to allow Lightspeed OnSite to communicate with NRGship.
Step 1: Allow Third Party App Access
NRG Software is a member of the Lightspeed Developer Exchange. In order for NRGship to access invoice data you must first contact NRG support and provide your Lightspeed serial number. NRG will then manually enable NRGship to communicate with your license key via the MyLightspeed Portal. Once NRG has enabled your serial number you must then stop your Lightspeed Server, refresh your license, and then start the server up again.
Step 2: Determine server IP number
- Open System Preferences on Lightspeed Server and choose the Network option
- Note the IP number displayed below the network status (If using across a WAN, you may use a valid DNS hostname)
Step 3: Configure UPS Ship methods in Lightspeed OnSite
- Open Lightspeed and go to the Tools>Setup
- Select Basics>Shipping Methods and press the Open button to edit the Shipping Method list
- Copy/paste the services below which you use into the list
UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.®
UPS 2nd Day Air®
UPS 3 Day Select®
UPS Express Early A.M.
UPS Express Plus
UPS Next Day Air Saver®
UPS Next Day Air®
UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®
UPS Worldwide Expedited®
UPS Worldwide Express Plus®
UPS Worldwide Express®
Step 4: Configure NRGship for Lightspeed OnSite
- Open NRGship and go to the Automation/Integration settings
- Select Lightspeed OnSite from the Import Format popup
- Enter the IP number or hostname of the Lightspeed Server, Username, Password and Ship Service Filter values (normally "UPS")
- Press the Test button to test connectivity to Lightspeed OnSite
- Exit preferences
- Press the Get All button in NRGship to get all orders to download
- Enter an invoice number and press Get Order to download an individual invoice
- NRGship acts as a Lightspeed client such that you may need to purchase an additional user license from Lightspeed in order to use the Lightspeed OnSite App and NRGship at the same time.
- Post-shipment, the tracking number and costs are placed into the internal notes fields.
- NRGship cannot read or write custom field data due to Lightspeed API limitations.