Backing Up Your NRGship Data
There are several ways to ensure that your NRGship data is protected in the case of database corruption or hardware failure.
Create a Compressed Archive
- Quit NRGship
- Open the NRGship UPS Pro Application Folder
- Select the four NRGship UPS Pro database files (ending with .USR)
- CTRL-Click or Right Click on your mouse and select the Compress 4 Items option
- Rename the resultant Archive.zip file with a more descriptive filename (Ex: NRGship 01_31_2011.zip)
Using Time Machine
Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) introduces the ability to automatically backup copies of everything on your Mac. By enabling Time Machine your NRGship databases files will always be safe on an external device like an external hard drive or time capsule. Note that the NRGship database files can only be reliably backed up when the NRGship Application is not in use.
Using UPS QuickPick for Backing Up Your Data Files
The NRGship - UPS QuickPick Plugin gives you the opportunity to backup your shipping data and preferences with Apple’s Backup 3.
- Download Backup 3 which can get from your .Mac account.
- Download and drap the file linked below to the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Backup/QuickPicks in your home directory.
- Mac Pro Version: com.nrgsoft.NRG_UPS_RT.quickpick
- FileMaker Version: com.nrgsoft.NRG_UPS.quickpick
- Start Backup 3.
- Create a new custom backup plan.
- Under "Backup Items", press the + button to add a new backup item.
- In the first tab (QuickPicks) select the NRG UPS item and click "Done."
- Configure the destination (e.g. your iDisk).
- Start or schedule the backup.
- Mobile Me Account
- Apple Backup 3
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later